• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

99 out of 100 video plays - why doesn't video play?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a training website that has video clips on it along with text in Muse.  I exported the HTML files, viewed them locally, send a ZIP of the files where others downloaded them and viewed them in their browser and all works great.

They then uploaded the files to test.  Keep in mind this is for employees in a closed invironment.  There's a wide variety of savvy and not savvy users.  One person didn't even know how to press the play button to start the video.

Anyway, here is a link to the same page without all of the content and with a test video:

http://designerandpublisher.com/_forum-images/muse/video-test

In a test of 100 users looking at the pages on their computer, 99 of them reported the videos play (similar to above).  Only one person cannot get any of the videos to play on their computer.  I do not know what kind of browser they were using so I don't know what their browser's settings are.  I also do not know if they viewed it with Apple's browser or a Windows based browser.

To clarify, the HTML files made by Muse are now on a web server where these 100 people are viewing them.  One reported the videos not playing.

But the point is, out of 100 users, 1 reported the videos not playing at all.  I'm guessing this may be a firewall or browser issue but am not sure.  Has anyone reported something like this?  Does anyone have a guess as to what the problem is?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

You basically answered your own question: Without actually knowing what that one person is using, nobody can tell you much. If you have access to the server logs you might be able to figure it out by checkking failed requests and all that, but it would really be much easier to track that person down and talk her through on the phone to figure out what is going wrong. In a corporate network, anything is possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically answered your own question: Without actually knowing what that one person is using, nobody can tell you much. If you have access to the server logs you might be able to figure it out by checkking failed requests and all that, but it would really be much easier to track that person down and talk her through on the phone to figure out what is going wrong. In a corporate network, anything is possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right and I agree.  I was just hoping something stood out for someone here and would know the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines