• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML with AppleHelp

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2008 Aug 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programmer I'm working with to publish my RoboHelp 7 application help wants an output which will work with AppleHelp. I have given him WebHelp and HTML (.chm) output files, but he wants "unzipped files without Javascript" instead. He doesn't want to use help in a browser. Does anyone know if there is an output from RoboHelp which will work? Many thanks for any help or explanation you can offer, I don't know enough about programming to understand this. - Confused in California

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have seen AppleHelp mentioned on these forums before.

Any unzipped help output from a HAT such as RH is going to need a browser. You can avoid javascript using the Pure HTML option but that does not avoid the browser requirement. HTML outputs created in Dreamweaver would require a browser.

A quick google on AppleHelp suggests you need a different authoring tool.

Maybe discuss this with your developer and get some more information that may help someone here give some advice?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I have the same question as you (so now you've seen two references to AppleHelp, Peter!). I'm writing webhelp for a small desktop application that has both Windows and Mac versions. For this release, we're going to live with having the Mac version display in Safari or Firefox, but for the next version we're hoping to be able to display the Help as generic Mac Help. Please let me know if you find a solution, and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Plus one on HATT. That's three people queueing up for AppleHelp. :-)

Try this link if you want Adobe to look at it.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp