Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web optimization

Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been saving GIFs with Save for Web without touching anything that says "optimize/optimization" for quite some time. Last month after I set the "Optimize to file size..." for one time, the GIFs start to look a lot grainier (idk how to describe it). And it wouldn't let me save the original, or without the optimization. How do I remove the optimizing in Save for Web?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export - Save for web should not have changed your original file - it only changes settings for the exported version.

To reset the Save for Web dialogue to the last saved setting press Alt(Option on Mac)  and the cancel button will change to "Reset"

To remove all settings and go back to the original - go to "Preset" and in the drop down choose original

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering me.

I tried your first method but it doesn't seem to respond to my clicking of "Reset".

And there isn't original in my preset menu.Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 8.25.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If things are not working as they should - I would try resetting preferences.

Preferences in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines