• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duotone split channels

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I hope that someone can help me. I am having problems with photoshop not splitting my channels when I select duotone. All of the questions on the forum that I have found refers to how it is done. I know how it is done. I am able to go through all of the steps and it says it has been done but when I look at the files they are exactly the same file on each of the split channels. I am prepping a bunch of images and suddenly the program just stopped doing what it is suppose to do. I have restarted my computer and I am at a loss. So here's the deal, I have a color image as a raw file, I put it into a PSD, I render it B&W in Adjustments > B&W and then I turn it into a greyscale image. After it is in a greyscale I turn it into a duotone. I choose my tones, light orange dark blue and the I choose multichannel. Then in the channels flyout menu I choose split channel. It does it but both channels look exactly the same. Any ideas what is going wrong? I have PS 2015.5.1 and I am working on a Macbook Pro. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

In your description I see no step where you actually create any selection or adjustment to actually separate the areas?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your description I see no step where you actually create any selection or adjustment to actually separate the areas?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mylenium. I think I subsequently figured that out. I finally realized that I needed to change the curves on one of the channels to see the shift in tone. I am doing this for a handmade printing process and I don't know a lot about commercial printing so therefore I might not really understand the real uses of duotone printing. Thank you so much for answering my question!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines