• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes on various systems on jpeg files created by Adobe Photoshop rel 2017.0.1

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using creative cloud since january 2017. I do create various jpeg and png and send it to clients. Several clients reported me problems with handling my jpeg files during uploading them to their webpages. Problems were in accepting the files to upload on web server from customers clients computers, problems displaying uploaded files on web pages (instead of picture "X" was displayed e.g. corrupted file), even OS system crashes appeared during the upload process from customers clients computers to web page. We did the test on various files and found following:

1. with originally created jpeg files on my Adobe Photoshop above named problems occurs

2. we then opened created jpeg files by my Adobe Photoshop in a different graphics programme e.g. GIMP on clients computer and made a blank jpeg file with the same size in the same programme as a second opened file. Then we selected all bitmap space in original Adobe Photoshop file and copy+paste it to the blank file of the same size. Then we saved this new GIMP file as jpeg and tried to upload it to webpage. It went with no error.

Question is now:

1. Could there be some error or difference in coding of jpeg files created in my AdobePhotoshop  and other graphics programmes that can lead to above named problems? Samples of files are available to send if necessary.

2. Can some setup of jpeg files structure in Adobe photoshop (e.g. level of compression or other parameters) cause above named problems ?

I work in Adobe Photoshop rel 2017.0.1 20161130.r.29 x64 as a part of Creative Cloud, OS Windows Home 10.

Clients environment was various from Windows Pro 8, Ubuntu16.04 LTS, Mac OS El capitain....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't widely reported so I think sharing a couple of files is a good plan. Please don't share them in the forum or directly on a web page. The reason for this is that a JPEG may get re-processed so we aren't looking at your original. Please stick them in a ZIP file, and put that on a file sharing site, then post the URL. You could also include a copy of the original PSD in case the problem lies there. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zipped files can be found here in google drive adobe_problem_jpeg.zip - Google Drive In zip there are original psd, jpeg from adobe photoshop and 2 versions of jpeg made in zoner photostudio and GIMP. Both were created by first opening jpeg created by Adobe in third party graphics programme (zoner and GIMP) and then with cut+paste transferred in blank jpeg file created by that programme and saved by that programme. Can you identify some structural difference in these files comparing to adobe jpeg one that can cause the problem of this discussion ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you have no problem processing the files saved by Adobe Photoshop with Gimp.  Therefore the file save by saved by Photoshop seem to be a good image files.  The questing is why does you other software have a problem with these image files? If you can not upload the files created by Photoshop how come you can send  then if we need the see samples.  Do you have any Third Party File extension plugins installed in Photoshop to save special jpeg type files?

Doing a Google search using "+Photoshop corrupted Jpeg files" any time frame only return 388 hits does not seem like Photoshop has any problem saving valid Jpeg files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To JJMack comment : the problems appeared by different customers during last few weeks that are using various environment (OS, web solutions,...) and different jpeg files from my Adobe Photoshop, so it leads to hypothesis that the only common element in this series of troubles is the originating source e.g. Photoshop. To identify the problem in such wide variety of environments in which my work ends by my customers is generally not easy, so it is always the best to check and clarify if the problem does not start at the very beginning. If we can exclude Photoshop, then we will have not the reason that causes the problem, but we will eliminate one elemnt out of many that can have their part on the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all display fine in Windows image viewer and LR. Even the PSD file opens fine in PS 2017.0.1.

It has to be something on the clients end or how you are sending them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They all display fine in mine Windows image viewer as well. The problem appears at the moment someone tries to upload them to remote webserver. Is correct displaying in Windows image viewer a good metrics to say that the files are correct jpeg standart files ? Dont the files have some significant differences from jpeg standart that can cause particular problems on some systems ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines