• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown drive has appeared in 'Import' screen?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have noticed when importing photographs that a new 'drive' has appeared in the Source list in addition to the usual 'Macintosh HD'. If I click on 'Import', under 'Source' it lists 'Macintosh HD', which appears to work fine, but it also had a new drive named with a random string of letters and numerals (see screen grab below). This 'drive' does not show any folders when I maximise it, although it appears to have the same capacity as my 120GB 'Macintosh HD' drive. Is there a way to delete this redundant drive?

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 16.00.13.png

I think these problems started occurring after recently running the disk cleanup utility on my MacBook Pro (running macOS Sierra version 10.12.3), so I am not sure if this has altered my setup somehow. I've tried reinstalling Lightroom but to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

I run the "First Aid" on my Mac every so often and just did it and I don't have phantom drive.  This is OS X 10.11.6 so maybe it is a Sierra problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a complete shutdown/restart of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I have just tried that, though unfortunately the drive is still showing. Strangely though, it now has a completely different series of letters/numbers as it's name...

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this "phantom" drive show up in FINDER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. It doesn't appear anywhere else but in the Lightroom 'Import' screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run the "First Aid" on my Mac every so often and just did it and I don't have phantom drive.  This is OS X 10.11.6 so maybe it is a Sierra problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Disk Cleanup utility did you run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just the built-in 'Disk Utility' on the Mac. I selected 'First Aid' to check for errors. It may just be coincidence but I can't remember this drive being there before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines