• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reset authorization for kobo reader

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached my allotted limit of re-authorizations of my kobo reader.  Adobe support tells me the forum can help me with this, but they cannot.  The reason I used so many re-authorizations is because when downloading a book from Overdrive, I got a message that says I did not have DRM permissions.  Kobo advised me to de-authorize my computer and my kobo, do a factory reset of my kobo, then reauthorize everything.  This works for awhile, then I get the same message,  requiring me to go through the same exercise.  Strangely, if I purchase a book, rather than borrow, I had no problem.  Is there a way to reset my authorization allotment?  Adobe support sent me to the forum, and said they could not address my problem.  Grrr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I experienced a similar run around on a somewhat different issue. I was not impressed with either KOBO or ADOBE's Customer Service's techs ability to help. However, the last KOBO tech I dealt with told me about factory resets -- when I found that I could eventually get my books back on my reader using an earlier version of Windows (XP) and stopped using 10, I was greatly relieved. Good Luck. Some company has changed something and not informed all the players so they can help their long time loyal customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply, but my issue isn't with factory resets.  There is a limited number of authorizations that Adobe gives you.  I have used all of mine, and now I cannot authorize my reader.  There is a way to rectify the situation (reset the authorization allotment), but Adobe techs tell me the forum can help me.  I need to find the expert who can tell me how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines