• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to write destination file

New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been borrowing books from my local library's website via Adobe Digital Editions.  After uploading to Digital Editions, I then upload it onto my Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader.  Suddenly, it's stopped working and I keep getting the following error message:

Errors were detected

The following items could not be copied to your device

<Book Title>.epub E_IO_WRITE-Failed to write destination file

It doesn't seem to matter which book.  I've tried many different titles and keep getting same error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you check the File out of the Library ? Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I did not know there were titles available for download through Adobe.  However, this time I did not have a technical issue with file, but I when I try to copy title to device I received the message that I do not have permission to copy title onto my device.  That tells me problem is with files from my local library website.  Maybe they can provide support.  Will let you know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Reader and Digital Edition are authorize with the same ID its should work. So contact your Library for check the files. Good Luck. ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be out of space on your device. I had this problem side-loading a borrowed library book onto a Nook simple touch.

There is only 240 MB space allowed for this on the Nook, the rest was for Barnes and Noble books - wasted space now - so either delete some files and try again or fit an SD card.

If you do this instead of right clicking on your book and choosing- copy to device- which will attempt to send it to the already full device memory. Choose - show in internet explore. When IE opens drag your book to the removable disk ( probably E or F = the SD card) not to the Nook,  it should then transfer and be readable on your device.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dunno which is more aggravating - the nook or Adobe Digital Editions...

I have a Nook Glow LIght... at least that's what I think it's called....  BandN didn't bother to put a model name or number on the actual device...  duh.

I have to run ADE 3 on my windows 10 laptop because newer versions don't work with this device.  Did I say "duh"?

I have to reinitialize and re-authorize the nook every so often when the device fails to allow books to be downloaded onto it.  Say it with me now... "DUH!" .  This time I got the error that the original poster asked about.  I tried downloading the book from 2 different PCs.  I tried downloading different books.  No joy.

I had to do a factory reset on the Nook, then re-register with BandN using my BandN password, and then I had to re-authorize the device in ADE.  

What a colossal waste of time.

NOW I can download the book.

Sheesh.  What a pain in the ... neck.

Good thing I didn't have anything stored on the device.

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines