Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help - Can't save file as .psd

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a .psd file that I constantly work on ( not that it matters, but it's a template).

I'm trying to save it as a .psd file, like I normally do - however the only options are:

Large Format Document
JPEG
JPEG Stereo
Multi-Picture Format
Photoshop Raw
PNG
TIFF

I have layers selected, and Embed Color Profile.

This is happening through "Save" and "Save As"

I am updated to Photoshop CC 2017 Version 2017.0.1

I'm currently traveling, constantly keeping my Macbook Pro charged because I don't want to lose the work i've done!

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

I'd save the file as a Large Document Format, (PSB) and then go back and look to see if something in the original file is larger than 2GB.

Large Document Format (PSB)

The Large Document Format (PSB) supports documents up to 300,000 pixels in any dimension. All Photoshop features, such as layers, effects, and filters, are supported. (With documents larger than 30,000 pixels in width or height, some plug-in filters are unavailable.)

You can save HDR, 32-bits-per-channel images as PSB files.
File formats in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd save the file as a Large Document Format, (PSB) and then go back and look to see if something in the original file is larger than 2GB.

Large Document Format (PSB)

The Large Document Format (PSB) supports documents up to 300,000 pixels in any dimension. All Photoshop features, such as layers, effects, and filters, are supported. (With documents larger than 30,000 pixels in width or height, some plug-in filters are unavailable.)

You can save HDR, 32-bits-per-channel images as PSB files.
File formats in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I saved it as initially thinking it was my best option, thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines