• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely long application launch times

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC 2017 is taking 15+ minutes to launch. All of my Adobe apps have severely long launch times but ID  is the worst. I have reset preferences. I have transferred preferences from a new user account (which only exhibited a minor improvement in launch time, anyway). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application via The Creative Cloud app. So far nothing seems to help.

It was only because I had stepped away from my Mac that I found out it does eventually launch. Note that it is not crashing during launch. It also consumes most of my machine's computing resources while this is happening.

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the  Creative Cloud components.

I'm just posting to see if there's anyone else who has experienced the same situation.

Caveat: I am running the latest MacOS 10.12.4 Beta (16E154a) MacPro 3.5, 64GB RAM. SSD for all drives.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DeanB

I would try to delete the caches and if this doesn't help delete the preferences.

Before you delete the preferences I would make a copy of them.

On the mac you find the preferences if you go:

-> Start InDesign - Window - Utilities - Scripts

There you marke «user» then from the flyout menu you choose «reveal in finder».

Then you close InDesign

After that you go back two or three directories in the finder and rename the preferences.

Hope that hekps

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines