• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compressor/decompressor(codec) not installed

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from premier elements 12 to 15.  Now my video projects prepared in PRE 12 will not play.  I get the message "compressor/decompressor(codec) not installed.  How can I fix this.  I am using the same computer (Windows 10) and when I open the old PRE 12 program the projects still run perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will not be able to open a project created in version 12 with version 15 of the program. In fact, as I indicate in my book, it often corrupts the project file so badly that you can't open the file afterward in either program.

Complete any project in the version of the program that the project that was created in. Although some recent versions of the program can open almost recent version projects, the program should not be considered backward compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines