• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't the text at the end of my document extend on to the extra pages I've created?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to InDesign, and I'm editing a book for the first time.  I've created separate documents for each chapter, I saved several "Paragraph Styles" for formatting the document, and I put all of those into a "book."  Then I saved all of the chapters in my "Pages" doc as individual .txt files so there is no formatting to the text.  I "Placed" the text into the appropriate chapter's document while holding the Shift Key and it created multiple "A-Master" pages where the text can be seen.  I've also added several "blank" pages to the end of the document, and they have the same "A-Master" setting as the rest of the pages.  As I'm editing, the document is getting longer. 

My question is....  Why isn't the text moving onto the additional pages I added to the end of the document?  The text is just disappearing off the bottom of the initial last page of the document, and not flowing over onto the additional pages I added before I started to edit the document.  Once again, I'm very new to InDesign, and I don't know all of the lingo yet, so please be patient with me while I'm asking questions.

Thank you,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the easiest thing to would be to take an online video tutorial on how to use InDesign and then come back here with specific questions,

Try Lynda.com and Pluralsite.com - you can get a 10-day free trial.

A good one to look at might be: Creating Long Documents with InDesign CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines