• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notes Created in Photoshop Images

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to learn about how well Notes created in Photoshop images plays with Lightroom.

I use Lightroom for organizing my photos and Lightroom for editing them.

I recently learned about the ability to create notes and attach them in Photoshop and want to use it to store historical information about the images.

My questions are: 

1)  Can I store images with notes created in PS in Lightroom without losing them?

2)  Can I retrieve and read my notes in Lightroom or must I open the image in Photoshop??

3)  If I edit my image will the notes be preserved?  Are there situations where I might lose them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Let me address all three questions in sequence.

1) Images with notes created and saved via Photoshop can be imported into Lightroom, and Lightroom will preserve them.

2) You cannot read the notes directly in Lightroom, but if you select the image with stored notes and choose the Edit in Photoshop command, the notes will be visible once the image opens in Photoshop.

3) If you further develop the image with stored notes in Lightroom, and then send the file back to Photoshop, then the notes will not b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me address all three questions in sequence.

1) Images with notes created and saved via Photoshop can be imported into Lightroom, and Lightroom will preserve them.

2) You cannot read the notes directly in Lightroom, but if you select the image with stored notes and choose the Edit in Photoshop command, the notes will be visible once the image opens in Photoshop.

3) If you further develop the image with stored notes in Lightroom, and then send the file back to Photoshop, then the notes will not be saved. In other words, the Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments option will not preserve the notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunc.F  wrote

My questions are: 

1)  Can I store images with notes created in PS in Lightroom without losing them?

The notes are preserved.

2)  Can I retrieve and read my notes in Lightroom or must I open the image in Photoshop??

No! Lightroom has no way of accessing the note. Therefore, the images must be reopened in Photoshop

3)  If I edit my image will the notes be preserved?  Are there situations where I might lose them?

If you edit the image in Lightroom then open open it into Photoshop you'll be given 3 options: Edit copy with Lightroom adjustment - notes are lost, Edit copy - Lightroom adjustments are ignored but note is preserved, Edit Original - as Edit copy

Photoshop File Info panel can be used to add metadata notes that Lr can display, but theses notes don't provide anywhere close to the usefulness of Notes proper in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I guess I can only mark one response as correct.  Yours was too!

Dunc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines