• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA drivers and Camera Raw and Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image previews and thumbnails look tiled or broken on Windows 10 when using Camera Raw, CC

I have Windows 10,64 BIT

16GB RAM

500GB SSD

2TB hard drive

NVIDIA GTX 960 graphics card.

I only have a single graphics card in the computer but I have a BenQ SW2700PT, which has an image processing chip which is used for hardware calibration and is independent of the NVIDIA card.

I have recently started to have the above issue and have tried all the troubleshooting options on the Adobe web site. If I disable 'use Graphics processor' in Camera Raw preferences the issue stops. .

The Driver fix 375.86 reccommended in the Adobe solutions appears to be for Dell Quadro systems, does not apply to my graphics card. The earliest driver i can return to is

WHQL Version: 372.90 - Release Date: 21 September 2016.

any solutions welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version Camera Raw do you have? 9.8 is the latest so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the most uptodate versions, I even tried rolling back to CC2015 but that did not improve matters.

When I disable the Graphics processor I see a marked deterioration in screen resolution so that is not a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I disable the Graphics processor I see a marked deterioration in screen resolution

That's not possible. That's simply not how it works. Screen resolution is not determined by the GPU setting in ACR.

However, on-screen scaling algorithms may be slightly different, which might affect appearance at any other zoom ratio than 100%, which maps one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel.

If you still have an issue, post screenshots at 100% - I repeat 100% - illustrating both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable 'use Graphics processor' in Camera Raw preferences the issue stops.

Then that's the solution for now.

You don't really need GPU in ACR. It's there to speed up screen rendering on 4K displays, which you don't have. On standard displays some people actually see a slowdown with GPU enabled.

Just uncheck and forget it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA is up to v. 378.66 (as of this post), if that helps any.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

I use a GTX 950 without issues in a Windows 10 AU x64 system (unless one counts that pesky histogram issue in Camera Raw, which Adobe is aware of). It's custom-built by me; a little bit long in the tooth, though, in computer years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried 378.66, still an issue thinking of going back to 375.7 or 375.63 see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the nvidia card as the preferred graphics processor in the Nvidia Control Panel (3D settings)?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP only has one video card. He was just confusing the monitor's internal LUT for a GPU, but they're two different things.

I still can't see why the standard and traditional way of running ACR (without GPU) should look any worse than with GPU. If that's the case, something else is wrong. I'd like to see screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah,,,my mistake...I thought he had a graphics card and a graphics element in his cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines