• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent comments and highlighting from applying to all pages

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I highlight part of a page or add a comment, my highlight and comment mark the same location on every page in the PDF.  How do I keep the comment and highlighting to just the one page I want it on?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal behavior. It probably means there's something wrong with the file you're working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had it occur with multiple unrelated documents.  I thought it might be an Adobe setting but I can't find it in any settings either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Windows machine run a Repair Installation via the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this behavior.  My initial thought is to reboot the machine and see if it happens still.  It's a low-tech thought, but it can fix some of those bizarre behaviors sometimes.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions.

I rebooted my computer and same problem.  I ran Repair Installation and it still didn't fix it.  As completely odd as it's turned out, if I insert a comment, it will appear on all pages, but if i undo the inserted comment and then insert the comment again, the comment will work correctly and only appear on the page it was inserted.  I have to repeatedly do this with every comment I want to insert. 

I'd love any other ideas!

Thanks,

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dana,

My next thought is whether there are actual multiple notes, or are you seeing screen anomalies.  With these multiple comments visible on screen, open up your Comments Panel and confirm that Acrobat has actually created multiples. i would think that a screen artifact is just as likely of an explanation as Acrobat creating multiple comments on multiple pages, as I have never heard of this  happening.  I'm just guessing, but it would be worth looking at, and would take a few seconds.

Good luck.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines