• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2016 acting strangely

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open one of my saved images - doesn't matter what file type - on occasion I just get a completely black image but I can see the image (and its layers) on the layers palette.  If I open a file to drag on top of another image and it opens up black, when I drag it onto the other image it is OK.  If I quit PS and then open it again the problem goes away only to appear again maybe a couple of days later.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

You can reset the Photoshop preferences in the preferences or alternatively -

Close and relaunch Photoshop, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. You must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may need to do this a couple of times before getting the hang of it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a version that's Photoshop CC2016, there's CC2015 and CC2017.

Try resetting your Photoshop preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek for your speedy reply.  I know there's no PSCC 2016 - my typo - typing too fast!

When you say resetting preferences - which one do you mean - there's 17 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset the Photoshop preferences in the preferences or alternatively -

Close and relaunch Photoshop, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. You must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may need to do this a couple of times before getting the hang of it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Derek.  Worked first go.  Hope it fixes the glitch.  Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines