Exit

GPU Issue after Upgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting following error.

ERROR:

"Adobe premiere pro requires update video card drivers for GPU accelerated rendering"

And video rendering and playback in Project Settings greyed out

I'm using Nvidia Quadro K2000M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Updated driver from NVIDIA. Looks like working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, i am using gtx-680 (all drivers up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

video rendering and playback in Project Settings greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPUSniffer Result:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017>GPUSniffer

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: Quadro K2000M/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 353.62 10.18.13.5362

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 3840, 2160)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: Quadro K2000M

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 3

Driver: 7.5

Total Video Memory: 2048MB

* Not chosen because of old driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated driver from NVIDIA. Looks like working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my driver, as this was the message that popped up after installing 2017.  I did this, and it still doesn't give me the option for GPU as it used to.  Anyone else still having this issue after updating their graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i updated driver directly downloaded from. NVIDIA and not through windows or other sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  Updating from Nvidia did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTF do you update the

AMD Radeon R9 M380

On the imac?

Not getting anywhere!

Thanks!

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my GPU Render Error problem (for now) by deleting all instances of Lumetri Color (St Gold Tobacco (Universal))  from my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to revert back to a restore point because the new driver froze on me.  I saw some info on a different forum, and the HP staff said I need to do things with the BIOS, and I don't want to get into that.  I've already lost too much editing time trying to update the driver.  I guess I was wrong about PCs being easier to use than MACs.  Looks like I might need to switch when I can afford it.  Right now, I have no GPU acceleration, and this is pulling down the productivity of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a late 2013 MacPro with a 3.5GHz 6 core Intel Zeon processor with 32 gig of RAM and an AMD FirePro D500 3 gig video card running OSX 10.11.6.  I can't get Metal acceleration to work.  I was on the phone with Adobe tech support for over an hour on Monday and over 1.5 hours on Tuesday.  Finally, I was told by the tech support supervisor that Adobe does not support Metal acceleration and to switch everything to Open CL.  Since making the switch in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder to Open CL, I haven't had any issues... yet.  But, I'm kinda hacked that Adobe CC 2017's marketing material says it supports Metal... but it doesn't.  Frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .

I have Nvidia gtx 760 and had the very same problem. Also with Davinci resolve 12.5

Just now I installed GeForce Expirence and let it express install the latest Game-Ready Driver. And now Premiere pro cc 2017 works perfect. I then reinstalled Davinci Resolve and it runs perfect as well. ☺

GeForce Experience: Your Gateway To Great PC Gaming | GeForce

/Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error and same problem with the NVIDIA Quadro 4000...when trying to update my driver, I'm told I have the most recent driver available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with my Nvidia Quadro K2000. I originally downloaded the ODE driver (Optimal Driver for

Enterprise. That didn't work. Then I tried the QNF (below) (Quadro New Feature Driver) and it worked perfectly. Stress.... GONE!

nvidia drivers copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, gtx980ti and k5000 in 1 system. The latest driver Nvidia suggested was 375.50, but when I searched the correct driver for the k5000, I got the 372.95. And that one works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, chrisiveydallas! Getting the QNF (Quadro New Feature) Driver worked with the NVIDIA Quadro 4000 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopeful that this was the holy grail.  Alas, I'm stuck doing another system restore.  Maybe I need a MAC.  The QNF driver froze on me right away.  It means more sleep for me in the short run, but in the meantime,  the work keeps piling up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too no longer have the CUDA option in Premiere CC 2017 on my MacPro running OSX Yosemite (with the latest updates), and with the latest nVidia driver (346.02.03f10) for my GTX680.  CUDA is no longer in the drop-down list for video rendering within the project settings - only OpenCL.  Premiere CC 2015 did have CUDA.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue anyone figure it out.  I know that adobe dropped support for the gtx 600 series, which if you are using a macvid card such as a 980 could pose an issue since the driver is based on the 600.  Totally stalled here.  I've tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with two cards GTX 970 and GTX 780

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, somebody can help me! I updated Premiere to 2017 latest version but the GPU Aceleration disapear, in the past version I didn´t have problems with it, I just can use the Mercury acelaration active, I have the Radeon R7 370 2GB DDR5, Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to the previous version. I was never able to get 2017 to

work with my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat; I have both CC2015 and 2017 on mine (which creates a whole different raft of issues).

-----

Asides:

Adobe: we get it, you're software is complex. But seriously, could you be more upfront with problems like this? This isn't some odd card we're talking about; this is a from-Nvidia-quaddroXXXX card. It says it's supported. But... it's not? It's not like you had a crazy long list to check against, you could've at least taken the time to go through your own list of supported cards to ensure that they either work/don't work/require an update.

Lastly: figure out your effects editing panels and they're default size. Why don't they open to actually show the whole panel and instead look like they're the same size as their previous, non-HiDPI size? FIX IT. Again, how hard could it be to set a new default size for the panel? (Maybe it is ridiculously hard, maybe. But I doubt it's hard to set different pixel/xy size dimensions.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. Checked the driver - it is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines