• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Question if I Can Return

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for looking on my post!

Okay, to start, you'll need a little "back-history." My mom bought me Premier Elements a while back, maybe about 3-4 months I speculate, or assume.  I also convinced her to get the Photography plan, so I could advance my skills in photography and editing, as a whole. Now, I know there's the policy where I could've return Elements after a months purchase, however, a month is long gone. So here's my question, or request, if in any way possible.'

If, somehow, I could return Elements, or know if you could give me this possibility. It would be too much to ask my parents to get me Adobe Premier Pro (I want Pro because color grading, advanced editing, etc.). Plus, not only did I get them to get me Elements and the Photoshop plan, I got a Steadicam, Rode Mic, and so on, so forth, which amounts to a hefty, hefty amount. Haven't really bought anything since (this was a few months back). Here's a test video (this video is from my project I'm editing, wanted to test the quality on YouTube. It's not the one I'm using though, it caught lighting in the background). Anyways, here's the link:My new video project1 - YouTube  (it was on private, I'm going to put it on public for a very short time, non of my friends know about this, want to keep this to myself). Also, that's not my channel I'll be uploading on...it's a test channel to test the quality.

So...after stating all that, here's my question: if there's absolutely anyway I can return Elements. And if I could, that means I'd have around almost $100 to spend on Premier Pro. And I know I have to commit for one entire year, but is there any way where I could be allowed to only commit for half a year? So that I won't be forced to eventually pay $200, and if I do find success on YouTube, of course I'd continue the plan for a whole year, and probably forever, I presume (I really, really love the products you put out, excellent tools).

I know I may seem like I'm begging, and you have all the reasons to think I am. If this is not possible, I fully, 100% understand. Thank you once more, and thank you to whoever took their time to read this. I really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the long thread in the Elements forum and seeing your video I would stick to Elements for a while.

Being successful on Youtube does not depend on which editing program is used.

First learn how to shoot video (how to use the equiment etc.)

You can rent Premiere per month or per year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll stay with Elements, then. Quick question, though. Do you know where I could find any helpful tutorials for Elements? I searched on YouTube, however, it mostly showed up with Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

-link above has the direct Amazon link to buy Steve Grisetti's book on Premiere Elements

You also need to ask in that forum Community: Premiere Elements |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you directly give me the link to his book on Amazon? And is it version 15, and is there any other tutorials I can find?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 15" can be found here. I also have written a complete book for the Premiere Elements/Photoshop Elements combo -- though, due to its size, it is only available in black & white. You can find it here.

Meantime, you ought to check out my FREE 8 part Basic Training tutorials:

*** Basic Training for Premiere Elements ***

I also have a complete course on Premiere Elements at lynda.com.

Thanks for your interest in my stuff, CM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Lynda before, and I watched a few of your courses (or maybe, the entire thing, not sure), regardless, I think I am going to start an account again, or just make the payment for one more month. And to make sure, on Lynda, you go over all there is to know, maybe, for example, how to put black bars on the bottom and top (if not, I could just search on YouTube) and also, you go over how to slowly go from all black to the video clips? These are just a few questions to see if you have this in your course, but again, regardless, I'll definitely go for it on Lynda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have mastered the basis skills which is very important

You can figure out for your self how to put bars on top and bottom, do the transition etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines