• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRE15 - making AVCHD disk on removable media like usb drive or SDHC card?

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Really practical to do lots of things with discs with chapters which navigate in a flash etc and no issues with DVD RW media being crap.

I do this easiliy in Nero Video 2017 and PowerDirector 15.

But find no way to do that Premiere Elements 15, or?

You can write files to devices etc but that is not the same thing as with menu and stuff.

Navigation need to read through media file to locate a chapter marker etc.

Or did I miss something?

Are there tools that write from iso images to SDHC cards or usb drive - like from iso disc image that PRE do?

Physical disc and iso I manage to do in PRE.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

DVD and BluRay navigation is only available on DVDs and BluRays output by the program. You can not, for instance, output an MP4 that includes disc menus and navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD and BluRay navigation is only available on DVDs and BluRays output by the program. You can not, for instance, output an MP4 that includes disc menus and navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Seems to be a format for it since it's done in NV and PD.

Seems to be something special that is done to a disc even as memory card.

There is a remark in my manual for Panasonic BD player that file structure from hdd cannot be dragged and dropped over to work.

Not sure what else there is, some special file allocation table for discs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I don't understand and cannot answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools that create a structure for AVCHD on hdd, usually a folder structure PRIVATE/BDMV/AVCHD and so forth - cannot just be dragged and dropped over to any other disc media like SDHC or usb thumb drives. Naviagtion will not work properly - that is what Panasonic manual stated. The Panasonic player has SDHC slot as well as two usb ports - and you can play media that way too. So manual had a remark regarding this - probably because they had a lot of support on people having issues and thought player was to blame.

The authoring tool must know the media to make references work, it seems.

So figured that file allocation tables were involved in some special way.

Thought maybe somebody here were more familiar with the nitty gritty of what makes a disc work or not?

If you burn a AVCHD DVD RW disc, you cannot just drag and drop that structure to a memory card either.

Thought I would be able to move what PRE burned, could just be drag and dropped, but that is not so as I understand it.

The MTS files and so on can be played, but navigation will not work.

Just a reference to a good book or internet site on this kind of info is a good help as anything.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not sure what you're trying to do. DVDs and BluRay discs are pretty cut and dried. They're easy to create, if you use the disc creation tools.

I have no idea what information you're getting from Panasonic and what Panasonic means by it. You can not simply drag an AVCHD onto a disc and expect it to play in a disc player. That's true. But you can use the tools in the disc creation area of Premiere Elements to create a "AVCHD disc", which creates essentially BluRay files on a DVD -- and which can only be played on BluRay players designed to play them.

You've got some different workflow in mind that I'm just not understanding. Sorry. So I'm going to step back and we'll see if someone else wants to step in make some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short story - I want result from PRE15 onto memorystick/card of some sort.

This so all navigation and menu stuff works as it should.

SDHC cards or usb memorysticks are troublefree - DVD/BD discs are not.

I thrown away at least 20 DVD RW disc by now. I tried three different brands.

I don't want to mess with that part - I just want to evaluate result from various NLE's I'm testing - and other contesters write directly to memorystick formats.

A pity to drop PRE15 as a contester just because it does not write to memory discs.

It has many qualities.

From what I read, AVCHD is the most spread format that also can be done as a full disc works - but on memorysticks as well.

And it does not deteriorate as rewritable discs do. I'm through with that mess.

Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a media player that plays dvd and bd iso with menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for an interesting suggestion.

Looking in manual on "iso" no hit, but will try anyway on a memory disc.

Would be cool if it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have been searching a bit for resolve this and found this:

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-141361.html

So maybe only difference is that memory sticks for usb or sdhc cards are fat32 with 8+3 filenames as caps.

So long file names must be renamed if moving a structure from a optical disc.

M2TS=MTS

CLPI=CPI

MPLS=MPL

MovieObject.bdmv=MOVIEOBJ.BDM

index.bdmv=INDEX.BDM

So will test if this works dragging a structure over to memory cards and just rename stuff.

Could be useful for somebody else maybe liking to have it on removable memory sdhc cards or usb stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, you can not create an AVCHD file for a thumb drive with disc animation from Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines