Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting problem - video is zoomed in when exported

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having troubling exporting a video correctly. When I render & export, the video file (.f4v) is zoomed in. I've read elsewhere that this might be a problem with the original footage size not matching the sequence settings, but I've checked and all files are listed as "scale to fit".

I'm using Elements 12. Export settings are: F4V, 1920x1080, Frame Rate: Same as source.

Included in the video are a few clips from video games that I scaled to a larger size (as the original videos were all too thin to fill the screen width-ways). There's also a few title scenes in which text appears over a blank, black background, with video files fading in. Other than that, there's nothing unusual to my normal use and I've never had this issue before.

Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks for your help!

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your original footage coming from and what is the resolution and format of that video?

What are your project settings? (You'll find them under the Edit menu. Select Project Settings/General.)

What happens if, instead of the Flash Video settings, you Publish & Share/Computer using the AVCHD option? Select the preset for YouTube Widescreen HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message. I actually tried exporting using the AVCHD option last night and that did work!

Thank you,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines