• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 install on new PC doesn't work, it asked for extended version

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching from old PC the a new PC, I followed the instruction of deactivating the license.

But on the new PC I use the same installation software and when I enter my serial number, it states

'Serial Number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer.'

In the dropdown of 'select a product' I can only choose 'CS6 extended'.

So how can I install just CS6? All info points to the cloud solution, what kind of service is this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CS6 Serial is for a Updrage,  If you do not have a prior CS5 Photoshop installed on your computer You must supply you CS5 serial number as well as your CS6 serial number.  If you enter your CS5 serial number CS6 should activate,

When the installer can not find CS5 installed you shoul be able to give the installer your CS5 serial number.  CS5 is the only product that qualifies for a CS6 upgrade.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already found the answer and I see that JJMack pointed also in the same direction. The CS6 was an upgrade from CS4. And since the CS4 was also listed, I tried that one. So that is the answer, you think you need CS6, you have to choose your basic version (in my case CS4) and than it installed CS6 without asking me again. What a great UX experience???

Strange about this whole thing, it that I tried it on 3 other computers. 2 of them didn't mentioned that problem. But now it doesn't matter, the new PC can be used for what I bought him. Thx to JJMack you still answered my call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines