• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D Multiple text + performance issues

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there guys! I recently started working with Adobe After Effects and I love the program...but, like everything else I'm experiencing some problems.

The first problem was with using Element 3D V2 fonts. I am making an intro for a project and I need multiple texts with different fonts and effects and a few 3D objects. The problem is: when I create two different 3D fonts using Element and put them on separate layers and I try to move the camera around them they dont move like they're next to each other or behind, they move like they are in two separate 3D spaces but the camera can rorate between the two. First they are behind each other and when I rotate again they switch  and are next to each other or overlapping. This doesnt happen if they are put in the SAME E3D layer...but as I said before...I need them on seperate layers.

The other problem is my performance. When I started using the software 3 days ago...everything worked fine. But now...just for SIMPLE rotating i need to wait 5-10 seconds instead of just doing it REAL TIME like 3 days ago. I cleared the cache folder, I even changed it to another fast HDD on my PC where there is enough free space...but nothing helped. I have i7 4790k @ 4.00GHz and GTX 980 SLI, 16 GB of ram and plenty of disk space...also good cooling. So...the problem can't be from my PC...it's either Windows or the software itself. It couldn't be a virus too...cuz I doubt I got a critical performance virus 1 day ago.

Those are my problems so far...I will try to reinstall Windows if nothing helpes...but it just seems stupid for it to be cuz of that cuz everything worked fine 3 days ago. It may not work AS IT SHOULD (cuz I notice that people with a lot worse PC than mine get a LOT higher FPS so...my windows really is in a bad shape), but I highly doubt it got THAAT bad just in 3 days out of nowhere...but im not excluding this possibility. I may have downloaded some nasty virus while downloading free plugins and templates...it could be that.

The most important thing tho is fixing those 3D layers cuz I need to finish the intro in next few days cuz I'm paid to do it.
I will upload a video with the problem so you can see for yourself:

Desktop 02 17 2017 21 24 12 10 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First DO NOT use Ray-traced rendering unless there is no other option. It never worked well and is no longer being developed. If you are using Element 3D you should be using the Classic Rendering engine.

Second, you cannot reposition the layers that have element 3D applied. You must adjust the position of the objects in element 3D in the 3D space inside the effect. You will also need to use set matte or track mattes to get the proper interaction when one layer passes in front of another. I haven't been inside Element 3D for a while so I don't know if you can pull a hold out matte from another layer with Element 3D applied.

Also, when doing screen casts or screenshots of projects you are having problems with please select the layers that are giving you problems and press the U key twice so we can see the modified properties of the layers. That's the only  way for us to quickly see what may be going wrong with your project.

I hope this helps. You should study up on Element 3D using the Video Co-pilot website. They have some excellent tutorials on their product. Most of the YouTube tutorials on AE are done by folks that really don't know what they are doing and many of them give you bad information and incredibly inefficient workflows. You must vet your trainers.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks a lot! I kinda fixed the performance issue with the Classic 3D. It's not as smooth as other people's videos, BUT at least it works kinda like 3 days ago. I don't know when and how I changed it to Ray Traced, but...it's good that it's back to normal now. About the Element 3D I'm posting another video with my question, thanks for the help again!

Desktop 02 17 2017 22 22 55 11 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, you have to make sure that you do not re-position the 3D layers in element 3D. You must position your object using the element 3D controls. You also need to create a matte so that the layer that is in back when the camera moves is masked by the layer in front. This may require copies of your element 3D layer used as a track matte.

I'm still not clear on why you need to have 2 element 3D layers in your comp. I have put dozens of elements in a single 3D layer with different textures and different amounts of reflectivity, opacity and every other property you can adjust. Life is much easier if you work that way, especially when the Element 3D layers are just 2D layers with a 3D effect applied that lets the layers interact with AE's camera.

You should be looking at the training available for the plug-in or asking on the Video Copilot forums. There are not that many users that use this 3rd party effect all the time so getting a quick answer on the Adobe Forums is a bit of a gamble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I'm sending this video which I hope is the last one, bcuz I feel like I'm bothering you guys too much. I will shortly try to explain why we need the objects on different ED3 layers. It's easy to make every object on a new layer, but the rotating problem stops us from continuing forward. If there's a way to apply different effects that affect ONLY one of the selected objects, EVEN tho we have many objects in the SAME E3D layer...then we don't need seperate layers. Here the video, and thanks again so far!

Desktop 02 18 2017 20 55 42 58 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my comment - in E3D v2.5 and on, the Unified Render will work across multiple layers and render a correct consistent 3D space. As Rick suggested, it might be a good idea to actually watch the tutorials...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay but...this unified render feature is at the bottom of the Element 3D layer right? Under Output/Render Mode and you change it from Full Render to Unified? Or not...maybe there's another unified render somewhere else . Also...if this is it, which layer I should apply it to? The top one or...? I tried to look for a tutorial about this, so I can understand how it works and what it does, but haven't found one.

EDIT: Okay I made two E3D layers just to experiment, set the BOTTOM one to unified render aaand...it disappeared, it's not visible anymore. The layer is there, but I cannot see it's content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The unified renderer must be enabled on teh topmost layer that uses E3D or else it doesn't "see" the other layers. In case of issues you can also pre-compose the layers and enable continuous rasterization. This will also work with the unified renderer. Just make sure you're not doing anything obscure like scaling the layers. and of course all of this requires an actual camera layer to exist for the plug-in to figure out the perspective.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...maybe I'm missing some small, but crucial step...but here's a short video example of what I'm doing...so you can see what I'm doing wrong

Sorry to bother you people again, but I think we're one step away from solving this.

Desktop 02 20 2017 02 42 11 15 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blank error screen bug should be fixed in the update that released today. See Tim's post about it here. The After Effects CC 2017 update to version 14.2 is rolling out worldwide. It may take a day or so to show up for you depending on where you live. You also may need to log out and back in to your CC app or other funky things to get it to show up.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is: when I create two different 3D fonts using Element and put them on separate layers and I try to move the camera around them they dont move like they're next to each other or behind, they move like they are in two separate 3D spaces but the camera can rorate between the two.

Enable the unified renderer in the render settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a great tip Mylenium. I did not know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Element 3D Crack simplifies the creation of superior images, 3D activities, and movement plans. It is a simple rendering plugin. Clients can use this component to generate 3D models, and 3D text, and move things in real-time. Moreover, It can be replaced by the model selection, plane, and plan views. Customers can customise the surrounding barriers for each material, global position pass, and so on. Video Copilot Element 3D License File is a solid After Effects third-party tool that allows you to create and move 3D images and animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines