• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download free templates

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to open a "new document" in PS I can choose from some free templates given through Adobe Stock. But every time I click to download I get this.

What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

It sounds like something went wrong with licensing/authentication under your account. You might have to have to contact Adobe support to get it straightened out. Be sure to tell them what you've already done.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing Photoshop, sign out of the CC Desktop app, and then sign back in. Try to download the template once more.

(Usually, if something CC-related goes kablooey, signing out of CC and then back in clears it up.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work, I'm afraid. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that when I say, "sign out," don't just close the app. Sign completely out via settings (cogwheel icon > Preferences > General). (You probably know that; I just wanted to make sure anyone else reading this knows.)

The next step to take is to check out your settings and whatnot at accounts.adobe.com. (You'll have to enter your password for security purposes.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I signed out properly.

I don't see how my settings have anything to do with it. I've been through them and there's nothing indicating that I can't download a free template. I have a CC plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like something went wrong with licensing/authentication under your account. You might have to have to contact Adobe support to get it straightened out. Be sure to tell them what you've already done.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. ​I'll have to wait until tomorrow, so. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything you said above; I get the option to preview the templates but not to download them? The download button appears to work, but then nothing happens? I signed out, restarted machine and app; no luck? Please help! I contacted our help desk at Purdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling Photoshop itself yet? I was having a very similar issue (clicking the Download button wouldn't do anything) and uninstalling/reinstalling got it to work again. (You should have a progress bar appear over the chosen template's thumbnail after clicking Download.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me, either. Even after uninstalling and re-installing, it has an empty progress bar that reads "-- of 2.4MB" or whatever number of MB for the document I chose. It then never downloads, regardless of how long I wait. I don't think it's the licensing that's the issue, because I never got the original pop-up window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I also have a student account like the Purdue student above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kathryn,

When I taught Adobe applications at a college, IT locked us out of the templates, and you might check with them.

In addition, try this. Go to Adobe Stock and login.

Search:               Templates, then "templates free"

App:                    Photoshop

Sub-category:     I have Print. Select one if desird

Confirm you have a free template before you complete the transaction. Does that work?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines