• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i move keyframes around?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so basically I am trying to place a keyframe in between two frames to make my animation more smooth. Is this not possible, or is there something i am missing? Please keep in mind i am using Flash CC 2014, i am using a laptop provided from my school. I tried pressing ctrl plus the frame but it didnt do anything.

Id really appreciate it, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Insert frame adds a new frame in the frame after the selected frame. Insert keyframe changes the selected frame to a keyframe, but it does not add a new frame to the timeline. So, if you want to add a keyframe and lengthen the timeline, select the frame where you want a new keyframe to be added, select add frame. Then, select that new frame and select add keyframe.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the frame and click insert keyframe.

i don't see how this will smooth your animation, though.  it can be used to correct a shape-tween (or motion tween with a shape change), but shape hints work, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesnt work for some reason. i am trying to insert a frame inbetween frame 11 and 12, to draw another frame. I right click on the keyframe, and click insert keyframe. it does not add another frame, it only directs me to the frame after.

i feel like the answer is simple but im missing something 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to add a fractional keyframe, or shove 12 over to 13 and create a new keyframe at 12? The latter you can do, the former you absolutely cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert frame adds a new frame in the frame after the selected frame. Insert keyframe changes the selected frame to a keyframe, but it does not add a new frame to the timeline. So, if you want to add a keyframe and lengthen the timeline, select the frame where you want a new keyframe to be added, select add frame. Then, select that new frame and select add keyframe.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep! thank you so much ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines