• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

security - permission password needed to open document

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Adobe Acrobat XI for several years and never applied for a permissions password nor entered one but now I am unable to use the combine files into one PDF without the permissions password.  How do I nullify this obstacle.

John

Moved from The Lounge to Editing & Exporting PDFs

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What this means is that the files you are trying to combine have security set. If you have the permissions password you can remove the security. If you don't have the password, game over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have never put in a password since I purchased Adobe xi and I am the sole user.  Adobe must have put one in there without my permission. How do I get it? Who do I contact in Adobe to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a general password. It is a password of EACH DOCUMENT set by the person or organisation that made the PDF. If you didn't make the PDF, contact the maker to ask if they will give you the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I personally purchased and installed the program many years ago I never set up a password since I am the sole user. No one else uses the program.  I have in past been able to place a number of files in one pdf file until recently.  It must have been done on a automateic update for ADOBE XI.  Whom do I contact to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, security settings are a per document property, you don't set something up in Acrobat and then all of a sudden all documents get protected, you need to do this for every document. Bring up the document properties for each document that shows this behaviour and then go to the"Security" tab. You should see some information about document specific limitations listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're not saying that you set a password, and Adobe certainly didn't. These specific files have passwords. Older ones did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines