• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 RAW problem

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 all of a sudden quit allowing me to edit and save .dng files after conversion from RAW using Adobe DNG Converter.  It has worked properly for many months.  Then it quit working properly without my doing any system or program updates.  I am using an Apple MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan.  DNG Converter 8.7.1.  Nikon D800.  I have tried a number of things:  Reinstalled Photoshop, reinstalled DNG Converter, etc.  No help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

CS6 stops ACR at 9.1.1. In the event you get a camera that needs Camera Raw 9.2 or later, then unless you move to Creative Cloud, you need the latest DNG Converter.  8.71 is really outdated.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x    for the latest DNG Converter and Instructions for setting it up.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6's Adobe Camera Raw is  9.1.1, more than enough to directly read Nikon D800 raws. You do not need the DNG Converter.

You can download and install it here: Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/camera-raw/installer/CameraRaw_9_1_1.pkg.zip ----> Direct Download for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 stops ACR at 9.1.1. In the event you get a camera that needs Camera Raw 9.2 or later, then unless you move to Creative Cloud, you need the latest DNG Converter.  8.71 is really outdated.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x    for the latest DNG Converter and Instructions for setting it up.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DNG 9.8 did not work on my MacBook Air. DNG 8.7.1 works fine on my new 27” iMac.

The problem is the laptop. Same CS6 and DNG on more than one iMac. No problems except with the laptop.

Remember, I stated that the problem came up all of a sudden after no changes. In fact I was able to convert part of an SD card and then it just refused to work on the following images.

After more tests, I cannot use RAW images made more than a year ago that were previously converted successfully.

I am dumbfounded. The laptop works fine in all other areas.

- Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines