• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create an editable pdf that allows for multiple paragraph styles within a single text box?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a table in InDesign that contains multiple paragraph styles within some of the text boxes (shown below). I want to export this document as a PDF so that it can be reused and edited by non-InDesign users, while retaining the type formatting.

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 6.58.41 PM.png

I've tried creating interactive text boxes in InDesign and using the form editor in Acrobat, but  Acrobat seems to be very limited when it comes to text formatting. Is there any way to create an editable PDF, I suppose like a form, that allows the use of multiple paragraph styles within one text box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Interactive PDF was never intended for that purpose, and it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive PDF was never intended for that purpose, and it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve are right.

You can:

a) use Iceni Infix or Serif PagePlus on customer side (very expensive) to redact PDF with a styles

b) use originally MS Word (not InDesign) for creation (many users have it soft to work with rtf/doc)

c) or you can redact forms in a PDF with Acrobat Pro after InDesign and have many problems with formatting.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat does not support Styles at all. Forget it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines