• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong video capture time in LR?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a problem with the camera most likely because the files seems to be ok in other applications (Photos app in my mac for example show it ok) but in LR the time seems to be off by my timezone difference (+5).

Does anyone else use LR for their videos here? Any tips in getting around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

This isn't a problem with the camera most likely because the files seems to be ok in other applications (Photos app in my mac for example show it ok) but in LR the time seems to be off by my timezone difference (+5).

Video capture time is an industry mess. This particular problem is caused by Apple's Quicktime specification, which calls for cameras to store capture time as UTC (GMT). Some cameras obey the standard (typically smartphones), but most do not -- they store the capture time as local ti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC this is a bug in LR that Adobe hasn't bothered to address. And doubtfully will address.

I suggest you use some other software program for Video files and LR for Still images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video capture time is an industry mess. This particular problem is caused by Apple's Quicktime specification, which calls for cameras to store capture time as UTC (GMT). Some cameras obey the standard (typically smartphones), but most do not -- they store the capture time as local time.  (This is because the cameras don't have any notion of their clock's time zone offset.)   LR chose to interpret the capture time as the majority of camera models do, as local time.  Other apps chose to obey the standard strictly, which means that they won't show the time of the majority of camera models correctly.  Yet other apps chose to ignore the capture time recorded in metadata and instead you the file's last-modified time (which is recorded as local time); this has its own problems.  See this post for more details: Lightroom: iPhone video Capture Time is shifted upon Import | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You can use the Metadata > Edit Capture Time to correct the capture time of one or more imported videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines