• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif stops working after applying filter?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm trying to make this gif in CS6, and i wanted to apply a sharpness filter using the "Unsharp Mask". But after doing this on all of the layers (individually, which took a lot of time) the gif doesn't play anymore and is permanently stuck on one frame. How do i fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Please try first removing the whole bunch of frames that exist now – is the command available then?

How many Layers are there anyway?

It is difficult to make out in the screenshot, but are the Layers actually different?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Timeline still OK?

How did you export the gif exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was exporting it using Save for Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in the Frame Animation window, this is why you had to sharpen them all individually. However, if you convert the frames to a video timeline, all your layers should have the "eye" next to them. If you highlight them all, and "Convert to Smart Object", you may then apply sharpen filters to all of the frames simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately i don't have the Convert to Video Timeline option >,>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible.

Have you tried recreating the animation (Create Frames from Layers or some such).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuff.PNG

^ This what you want?

I tried to recreate the gif in another document (and converting it to a smart object) but it still yielded the same results: a still image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using »Make Frames From Layers« yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it won't let me click it. It's greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try first removing the whole bunch of frames that exist now – is the command available then?

How many Layers are there anyway?

It is difficult to make out in the screenshot, but are the Layers actually different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting the original timeline layers, the "Make Frames From Layers" option finally became available and i now the gif works perfectly! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome.

And remember to control (and if necessary set the original) duration for the frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines