Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSD card full and need to uninstall LR

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

As I was trying to export a slideshow to a video, I noticed that I only had 10GB left on my SSD card and that was probably why I am unable to export.

I am using a PC with Windows 7 on it.

I need to install LR onto one of my hard drives but before I do so, I want to ensure that this is the right thing to do and that I will be able to install again...on the right hard drive.

Is this the way to go?

Please help as I do not want to screw up on this one.

I also wanted to do the same with PSE 14.

Thanks in advance,

Danielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Please consider moving the Lightroom catalog file and previews to a different drive. While this will cause the Library module to be a little slower, you will find that the problem with space will most likely go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the problem. It's not clear to me why you think these two thing are related to one another, they are not.

Lack of space on an SSD does not require re-installing Lightroom.

Can you explain further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FB Lightroom help group, it was mentioned that the fact that I could not export the slideshow as a video, could be because I did not have enough space left on my drive... so I am trying to find ways to be able to export...

So I thought, if I uninstall programs from the SSD drive, it would leave space so LR would work properly..

Does this make sense?...Let me know if I am not explaining well...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda makes sense, kinda doesn't make sense.

You don't have to export to the SSD, you can export to any hard drive, or even a removable thumb drive.

But if you need to export to the SSD and you don't have a lot of space there, then you need to examine what is on this SSD and decide what you want to remove. You don't have to choose to remove Lightroom, it depends what other files are on the SSD.

Question: are your photos on the SSD? If so, those are a good candidate to move to some other drive to free up lots of space. (If you're going to do this, please ask for instructions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos are on 2 external drives...

Basically, my SSD acts as a "C" drive so all programs are saved on it... I currently have 10 GB of space left...

All other new programs will be saved on my new hard drives so the SSD is not over loaded.....

I will keep LR where it is ... I am just hoping for a solution to the video export not working right now......

I am supposed to deliver this video this coming Tuesday and I feel like I am stuck with no answer for the problem...

Thanks for your help!

Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please consider moving the Lightroom catalog file and previews to a different drive. While this will cause the Library module to be a little slower, you will find that the problem with space will most likely go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines