• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask Error with Quick Selection Tool - Help!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop CC 2017.0.1 and a Wacom tablet (where the drivers are up to date) on a Macbook Pro that is also up to date on updates. I can quick select an object, and the preview works for erasing the background, but when I click OK it won't erase the background on the actual file. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and have 490GB of free space on my scratch disks. Any idea what I can do to get this working? I have a deadline that I need to meet today.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Marybeth,

Please follow the steps mentioned in Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS  and if that doesn't help restore Photoshop preferences following this article Preferences in Photoshop

Get back to us with the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marybeth,

Please follow the steps mentioned in Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS  and if that doesn't help restore Photoshop preferences following this article Preferences in Photoshop

Get back to us with the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Restoring the preferences is what worked which is strange since I uninstalled it and reinstalled it yesterday. You would think that would have reset the preferences.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it helped. Though, reinstalling app won't reset preferences.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines