Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimum Screen Resolution?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am using a laptop with a 1366 x 768 resolution but use an external display, but cannot install After Effects because it says my laptop screen resolution is too low? Do I have to connect the external display and then try to download?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blogg,

Please check the recommended screen resolution for AE here:

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

I am not sure if this will work or not: Attach your external monitor and make it as your primary.

Check if you are able to install AE or not?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

Thank you for your reply. I have connected a full HD 1920x1080 display and made it my primary display but am still getting the same error. My Laptop meets all the other After Effects system requirements.

Thank You,

Blogg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blogg,

Please attach the screenshot of that error/warning message, I will look for other workarounds.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screencap after effects download error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I have inserted a screenshot of the error message I am getting. Please let me know because I need to purchase After Effects urgently.

This is a screen shot of the resolution on my laptop, but I have connected a full HD 1920x1080 display and made it my primary display but am still getting the same error as above. My Laptop meets all the other After Effects system requirements.

Thank you for you're assistance,

Blogg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, last year I managed to download After Effects on another laptop which had a resolution of 1366 x 768, and so is the resolution requirement a recent update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe support. They should be able to help.

As for the requirements, it's been this way for a while, but the warning message preventing the download is new, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please initiate a chat with our support agent.

FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines