Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate a Wrap

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am not working with the adobe programs since ever and my boss told me to plan a campaign.

For that task I wanted to take a photo of the opened wrap and I wanted to make a Video how it closes.

The only possibility I know is to do it with my hands, but I don't want them to be seen.

If anybody of you guys know how to solve my problem, I'd be really happy to hear from you!

Thanks, Pascal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a million ways to du such stuff, but quite frankly with a "no clue" approach it's not going to work in any way. You're just throwing around generic stuff without even having doen the most basic concept work like showing us a mood board/ storyboard or design draft. Forgive me, but this and then "plan a campaign" don't mix and it sounds like you're hopelesssly in over your head. Sorry, I know this sounds rude, but you have to start with the basics. That aside, if you only have one photo, then this is a lost cause already. There simply is no way to warp and morph a single photo in any way to make this halfway realistic. Again, you need to plan this properly before even getting to the juicy bits in AE, 3D-animation or whatever method you ultimately are going to use.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium speaks the truth.  You should probably not do this yourself.  You should hire someone else to do it.

In fact, I for one am unsure what you want to accomplish.

Here in the USA, the current most popular use of the term "wrap" is to describe a sandwich made popular by the Taco Bell chain of fast food restaurants.  When you get one, it's already closed.  I shudder to think what would happen if people when get them when they were open.  What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pascalk59131179  wrote

Dear all,

I am not working with the adobe programs since ever and my boss told me to plan a campaign.

For that task I wanted to take a photo of the opened wrap and I wanted to make a Video how it closes.

The only possibility I know is to do it with my hands, but I don't want them to be seen.

If anybody of you guys know how to solve my problem, I'd be really happy to hear from you!

Thanks, Pascal

I don't know now quite what you are looking at doing ("the wrap" - wrapping something up?).

But here's some suggestions (which might or might not work/be any use - they're just ideas):

* You could video whatever it is in the wrapped state, and pull it open (or allow it to open by itself depending on what it is) - by hand or by thin wire/string/sticks. Do wire removal/paint the wires/sticks out etc to get rid of the wires/sticks used to open it. Reverse the video.

* Or Wrap it on video using thin sticks or something thinner than hands (wire etc.) and do wire removal

* Or maybe use the wrapping by hand video as a reference for the animation (so you'd be able to see both in a composition until you set the reference invisible)? Load video of wrapping by hand video into AE and use that as a guide to creating an animation of it. Set the reference video to not visible afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines