• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions Licensing error message

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I've used ADE successfully in the past to borrow ebooks from my library.  I've downloaded a small acsm file from my library account to my computer which ADE then opens and converts to the actual book.

However today I have a problem.  ADE won't open the file and the message I get is:

"Unable to Download.  Error getting License.  License Server Communication Problem: E_STREAM_ERROR"

Does anyone know what's causing this?  I have checked (in Help / Authorisation Information)  that ADE recognises that my computer is authorised to receive DRM content.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two further facts which may be pertinent...

I'm using ADE 2.0.

My computer is Windows 10, and I don't believe I've downloaded an eBook since I changed from Windows 7

Is either of these things a factor in causing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a book whihc is in acsm file formate. Just downloaded the ADE and when ever I try to open my file gives me the following error message.

(Note: I have also authorized my computer from the help menu).

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with my Kobo Aura, and I am getting sick of this ereader!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT ever give KOBO a good rating.  If anyone has answers to this downloading problem, I would greatly appreciate it!

My error shows:

CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED - No permission to copy the book.

The transfer from Adobe digital editions will work one day, and then not work for several days.  I have tried so many trouble

shootings, that I am just sick of this ereader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines