Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording system simulation /snap to window function

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone help or has anyone else had this problem recently? Is it a bug?

The last time I did a system simulation recording, which was before Christmas, the recording window allowed me to select the 'snap to window' radio button in order to just record a particular simulation. I have been trying this week to record and the 'snap to window' button will not check. It just refreshes my screen. I have somewhat got round this a little by F11 by screen to ensure I have a full screen but this only works really in IE browser and I need to use firebox browser.

Thankyou

Hazel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you recording a totally new software simulation, or inserting simulation slides in an existing cptx-project? Which version of Captivate do you use? Are you recording an app that is on your system or web-based?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same q...i´d like to clonate a simulation of a process and then ask to my users to do it as a course by doing the same simulation. im downloading the latest version of captivate, and the simulation is over a banking system in a external server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think I've figured out why it does not activate

When I work from home I am on a lap top screen only. 

When I work at work I have as well as my lap top screen, a 2nd bigger screen which I link to which means I record from the larger screen on one screen but my captivate project is in the other. When I was recording from this set up, the snap to window activated which has led me to conclude that when using  a larger screen, the snap to window activates to ensure correct dimensions are recorded but when at home on a small lap top screen, it doesn't activate as it doesn't need to.

In answer to  luciaj48211369   I'm not sure you can 'clone' or duplicate so I  think you need to use training or custom simulation mode tor record what you want them to do. Then you can direct your users to click and enter information to complete the simulation.. its sort of what I'm doing

Hazel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure at all that it is the reason: what is the resolution of the project compared with your screen resolution? I have a Surface Pro with a 12" screen that has a much larger resolution than the big monitor on my desktop PC.

The problem of the OP could be due to the type of app to be captured: some web-based applications are not easily captured with the screen method of Captivate's simulations. A Video Demo will always work, but is not interactive of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know to be honest ... but thanks for your answer. I've got a way around it and so long as it records the system I want to record (which it has) its ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolution is very important for any project that will be viewed on screens. If you are on Windows, right-click on your screen and you'll see the option 'Screen Resolution'. For the Captivate project: look in the Project Info panel or under File, Project Information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah I understand

my resolution on lap top is 1366-768 but we are recording to size of 1280x850 which I think was chosen to ensure correct sizing

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That explains why you cannot snap on your laptop: you don't have enough pixels in vertical direction for that project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources