• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark does not show when pdf's are batch saved

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The watermark only shows up when I manually do a Save As… (just a Save does not work — the Save button is greyed out as if the file had not been modified)

When I indiciate that the watermarked files are to be saved in other folder or should overwrite the origingal files, the watermark is not applied.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you add the watermark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At 1 cm from the bottom of each document.

When I open the processed pdf's and select Modify Watermark… the program says there is no watermark to be found, so it's not that it is off the page.

In the meantime it is total chaos here. I tried to install Acrobat again and see what that would do, but that failed halfway: "Could not unpack".

I then decided to restart the computer (Mac OS X, up to date) and now the Adobe CC icon does no longer show up in the menubar so I don't know how to access the menu to update, etc. …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download Acrobat from here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

To fix your Adobe CC application problem, take a look here: Creative Cloud icon missing from menu bar of my Mac!

I assume you are using the "Tools>Edit PDF>Watermark" feature to add your watermarks. I've never seen this problem you are describing before, so it's definitely not something that should be happening. Is this problem triggered by a certain PDF file (or a group of files from the same source), and can you add watermarks to other PDF files without problems? To verify, you may want to download this very simple test file and add some watermarks: http://khkonsulting.com/files/Sample75Pages.pdf 

Are you modifying the files after you add the watermark in any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat re-installed in the meantime (manually…).

Issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Action Wizard of Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat installed in the meantime (manually…)

Well, I had already been trying that. It looks like the Action Wizard (a Save As… script) is working OK. (

However, the crazy thing is now that by default it only works on the open file, and not on all the open files (that is to say, the pdfs that have just gotten a watermark).

There is of course the possibility to open all files in a folder, but that is not relevant for me since the problem in the first place is that I cannot save the PDF's to disk and retain the watermark…

So far I have found one person who had the same problems as I did:

Watermarks not showing on files when batch processed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the issue/bug.

I am using an image (actually a pdf) as a watermark and had included that in the settings that I had saved in the watermark dialogue.

Each time the settings are selected, the name of the file appears again, which gives the idea that the program has remembered the file but that's where the problem arises. The program seems to remember a screen version that has only a cosmetic effect so to speak. The file (I tried pdf & jpg versions) acutally does not get included.

The solution is to each time select the file again.

This feels like a throwback to 10, if not 20 years ago. I don't feel nostalgic though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can report a bug or a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Have you ever tried to write JavaScript for Acrobat? You can place a watermark using JavaScript:

Acrobat DC SDK Documentation - Doc.addWatermarkFromFile()

Acrobat DC SDK Documentation - Doc.addWatermarkFromText()

If you script your watermark, the Action will not ask for the filename every time you want to place the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines