Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a PDF turns link text into low res

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've bought a resume template online and populated it with my own info, I'm ready to save it as a PDF, when i do however, all text looks great apart from the contact details at the top, which turn into clickable text (which is great and what I want), but it renders them as low res and pixely. Any ideas how I can avoid this happening as I'm not left with contact details, URL, email address at the top in low res pixely font and the rest of the resume in nice crisp text.

I'm saving as lowest quality PDF as i need to be able to email it.

Happy to share the file if it helps

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Ok, so...

a.) Adobe is actually encouraging this workflow by offering PSD templates as part of Adobe Stock, so you are in good company. We were all baffed by the announcement at Adobe MAX.

b.) that's a nice-looking template!

c.) I'm not getting the same result. The entire PDF is high-res and it doesn't have links. (They are easy to add.)

[EDIT: I thought I should remove the screen shot because it contains personal data.]

Here's a link to the PDF I created with File > Save As > Adobe PDF.

Dropbox - 2017cv.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Photoshop would be my last choice for a resume. I'd go with InDesign first, Illustrator second and Photoshop would be my very  last choice. With that out of the way , yes, let's take a look to see if we can help you salvage this. Can up upload the file to dropbox, or similar, and then post a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks yes I agree. I wanted to do it in InDesign but i liked this design and for some reason SO many people have made resume templates in photoshop for some reason i thought it would be fine. Apart from this low res text issue I'm pretty happy with the rest of it.

The file is here: Photoshop Resume - Google Drive ​

Let me know if you have any problems accessing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so...

a.) Adobe is actually encouraging this workflow by offering PSD templates as part of Adobe Stock, so you are in good company. We were all baffed by the announcement at Adobe MAX.

b.) that's a nice-looking template!

c.) I'm not getting the same result. The entire PDF is high-res and it doesn't have links. (They are easy to add.)

[EDIT: I thought I should remove the screen shot because it contains personal data.]

Here's a link to the PDF I created with File > Save As > Adobe PDF.

Dropbox - 2017cv.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This definitely works now, I could save the PDF like this but my only concern is that the file is too large to email. Maybe there is some sort of PDF compressor/downsizer i can find somewhere.

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I wouldn't pick Photoshop for resumes! In and Ai files are smaller.

To email it, try "smallest file size".

Photoshop CCss_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks, thats the one i chose first which gives me the low res contact details. I'm going to have to make do for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try Standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines