• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Font

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with a missing font, Eurostile Regular. My coworker and I are both on PCs running Windows 10 Pro and both have Adobe Creative Cloud - all updated.

His three Eurostile fonts show up perfectly fine on his computer, but they do not on mine. They show up in InDesign as a beautifully highlighted pink "Eurostile (TT) Regular" but on my coworkers computer, it shows up as just "Eurostile Regular" which is a True Type Font, just not titled as such. When we open the same file (off our work server), his fonts are fine, mine are not.

I have already taken the font files and put them directly into InDesign's font folder. Did not work.

I have deleted every version of Eurostile I have on my computer and replaced with new ones so there is only one version. Did not work.

I have tried to take my fonts, which say they are OTF in InDesign, and convert them from OTF to TTF but when I upload them, they say they are already a TTF. Which in my font folders, they are labeled as a TTF even though ID labels them as an OTF.

I have tried to replace them with the other Eurostile fonts I have to see if it's just a naming issue, but they are not quite the same, so I cannot replace.

I have looked at every single font on my font list in InDesign, from bottom to top. No font matches what is in the file.

This font is our brand font so it cannot be replaced. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that many newer fonts that are named .TTF are actually OpenType fonts. This is often the case if the font comes from Microsoft, for example.

Based on what you are say you have tried, I would try trashing preferences to see if the problem goes away.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if you have a Font Management software on your PC or Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We experience this quite often in our office, it's a pain. There's more than one Eurostile fonts on your system & conflict is occurring. Try clearing the appdata font cache, then system restart and/or deactivate all fonts, restart font management software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid any conflict with fonts with the same name, you could consider renaming the font with a unique name, maybe including your company name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't rename any fonts in our situation. Library of over 4000+, many users and a whole lot of legacy (CS2,3,5,6,cc14) jobs which reprint quite often. Introducing new font names would be a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines