• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Tool Grayed out on pdf doc using Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf document that I created in Acrobat XI.  It's a table and certain lines of data are highlighted with yellow.  I will be updating this pdf periodically and need to highlight certain lines.  When I go to COMMENTS to highlight, the highlight pen is grayed out.  Why??

Instead of Acrobat Pro DC being an improvement I keep running into more and more frustration with this product.  Submit buttons for emailing don't work, and many other 'features'.  I am a power user for forms and I am not impressed.  I'm frustrated as things that use to be so easy to do are now a hassel or are impossible to do.

I am using a desktop application, not a phone.  Can anyone help???

I'm thinking of abandoning Acrobat and going to one of the other cheaper applications that will be allow me to get my job done.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

In Acrobat you can remove the security where you add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document protected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It had protection on it and I removed it. 

Should I save as a none protected document to try and highlight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I have to open in Google Chrome with apparently some that were older and save that way as the removal of security is not available on all of the docs I have and that is the only other way I can find to do it.  Goofy for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat you can remove the security where you add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to remove security whoever you have the password. You must set security to NONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, have gotten this to work on all except that one document which I had to go through Chrome and save as.  Not sure why that happened but have gotten them all to open and removed security so that I can highlight, change text to bold and different color and add a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had trouble using the highlighting tool after having used it not too long ago.  I suppose it was an update that changed something; however, after some extensive research, I figured out that if you use the Text Recognition option then you can use the highlighter that way.  I was actually needing to redact some information in an extensive amount of documents, and just selecting black as the highlighting color enabled me to go through and redact large amounts in a much more time-efficient manner.

I hope this helps...

MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines