• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I export a video when the original composition is an audio file?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been working on this project and I forgot that I've been working on an audio composition instead of a video. Now whenever I export, it only export the audio not the video.

please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Well, you're not going to see any video with that particular export setup -- you're making a wav file!  Try making a Quicktime movie in the JPEG 2000 codec.  With audio, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select "Composition"->"New Composition". Select a preset (or choose a specific one) for the video (ie. the frame rate and frame size you want, the duration etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but i don't see h.264 only mp3 and quicktime and some other stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khispur  wrote

So I've been working on this project and I forgot that I've been working on an audio composition instead of a video. Now whenever I export, it only export the audio not the video.

please help. Thank you.

Let's see if I understand properly:

1) You used After Effects to work on audio only. No video.

2) You export

3) You wonder why there is audio, but no video.

Is this correct?

If it is, I have two questions.

1) If there was no video in the comp, why did you expect to see video?

2) Why on Earth would you use After Effects for an audio-only project?  That's like trying to build a piece of fine furniture at an auto repair shop -- the tools are totally wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i have videos in the audio compostition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khispur  wrote

no, i have videos in the audio compostition

Can you upload a screenshot or screenshots?

ie. upload screenshots of your composition and the output module settings screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help.pnghelp 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're not going to see any video with that particular export setup -- you're making a wav file!  Try making a Quicktime movie in the JPEG 2000 codec.  With audio, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got it thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will be endlessly running around in circles unless you spend a few hours learning how video and AE works. Please, for your own mental health, start here: Basic AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here's a shot in the dark -- is the video turned on?  Do you see the little eyeball icons on the video layers' Switches panes?

Beyond that, the phrase, "I've been working on a project" is NO help whatsoever with a diagnosis.  It does, however, give me a clue about your experience with AE.  So I'd like to direct you here:

Create your first project |

... and when you're successfully completed it, I'd like to direct you here:

After Effects tutorials

Who knows?  You might be better off doing this work in Premiere Pro.  We really CAN NOT tell at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah the video is turned on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have expected the H264 codec to also be shown in the output module settings. Maybe that's been moved to Adobe Media Encoder only in that version of AE. If the "More Formats in AME" is enabled you could try that to see if rendering as H264 is an option there (if H264 is what you wanted to render it as and not another video container/codec). Or if you can load the AE project into AME try rendering from there as H264 (I've got an earlier version of AE and it always lists H264 as an option in the output module).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH nice i got it thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines