• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ebook won't download from library to Digital Editions 3.0

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to download a book from my public library this morning to my Adobe Digital Edition program, another totally different program on my computer and the ebook downloaded into it but it's unreadable. I tried downloading an ebook which I downloaded from the same library two days ago and again it did not go into my Digital Edition but went to the other program. I've tried now several times and each time results in failure. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.

Go to File > Add to Library.

Choose the eBook and it should open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not answer my question. One cannot add to Library from a public library webpage. I wrote to the Library and the answer they provided worked perfectly but thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this not the answer of the quetions waht is your question. Think you can not open the eBook in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to my problem, which was solved by our local library tech was that it was related to a file association on my computer. Once I changed file association to Digital Editions, I could download the ebook without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey. Sorry i seems you not right understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having problems downloading a library ebook onto Digital Editions on my computer.  I see that your library tech helped you resolve this issue.  Can you tell me, please, how I determine file association, and how I then change the file association to Digital Editions.  When I click on my title in my Finder to Open With, the default is currently set at "Help Reg", which I have no clue what that is as I have never experienced this issue before.  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the book, the error message wants me to authorize.  The computer and nooks were authorized successfully, I triple checked each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines