• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 5 / Windows 10 Compatibility Question

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my laptop, I am running Windows 7 (64-Bit Professional) with Photoshop 5 without any problems. I am also running Lightroom 6 with excellent results.

I am thinking of getting a PC desktop in the not to distant future. Most of the new ones come with Windows 10.

Can Photoshop 5 run under Windows 10? I would think so, but of course it's better to find out before I get a new desktop. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

I did a cursory google search and while Adobe no longer supports CS5, it should work just fine under Windows 10.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarity - you do mean Photoshop 5.0 not Photoshop CS5?

If you do mean Photoshop 5.0 then you may have problems with the installation on 64 bit . The installer is 16 bit.

See this thread where R Kelly got it running by copying the program folder from an older computer.

Photoshop 5

The other issue - if you can get round the installer - is the disk drives. Photoshop 5.0 will not see disks greater that 1TB so you will need a smaller disk for scratch

Good luck

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the software I have is "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a cursory google search and while Adobe no longer supports CS5, it should work just fine under Windows 10.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 5 is 1998 software before ACR before scripting it is really OLD. You would most likely be way  better off buying a new version of Photoshop Elements. The oldest version of Photoshop I have on Windows 10 is CS2.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the software I have is "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended". So my question should be is Windows 10, compatible with  "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Photoshop 7.0 to till now all runs well on Windows 10 but you may face some problems with older versions & that's are considered minor problems. It's better to use the latest versions otherwise you may compromise with old versions or use open-source software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines