• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lacking Sharpness from Photoshop to Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send images over to Photoshop from Lightroom as ProPhoto, 16-Bit, TIFF, Uncompressed and Resolution 300. When I edit photos in Photoshop and then sharpen the image in Camera Raw and then send it back to Lightroom it seems the image loses sharpness when viewed in Lightroom. The images are saved 16-Bit, TIFF, Uncompressed so these are large files. But if I sharpen the same image in Lightroom the exact same way i.e. sharpness, radius, detail, the images are noticeably sharper then the ones edited in Photoshop. Any ideas on how to fix this? Very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the image at 100% (1:1) magnification in both applications?

Sharpening should be applied (and evaluated) at 100%, any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because of image scaling.

And, does the image open in Camera Raw when you send it to Photoshop, or are you using the Camera Raw filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sharpening is applied at 100 percent, viewed and compared at 100 percent. So that is not the issue. I am using the Camera Raw filter. Does that make a difference? How do you set it up to open in Camera Raw when you send it over to Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the same settings on raw files vs. rendered RGB files, you can and should always expect different results. They're very different animals and not directly comparable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's your computer problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines