• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create and save Find and Replace queries in Dreamweaver 2017?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I create and save Find and Replace queries in Dreamweaver 2017? I can't find the place where I can do that in the dialog box. Have they removed this feature, if so why???? If it has been removed is there a workaround? I created several queries in previous versions using Regular Expressions and I would like to continue using them. Please help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

That feature has been removed.

There has been no "why" that I've seen.

The easiest work-around is to fire up CC2015 to run the F&R function there. As a paid subscriber, you can have all Cloud versions of DW installed on the same machine at the same time, they just won't run together. How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Make sure to add your voice to those asking for the function back by going to Help > Submit Feature Request/Bug Report in DW

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature has been removed.

There has been no "why" that I've seen.

The easiest work-around is to fire up CC2015 to run the F&R function there. As a paid subscriber, you can have all Cloud versions of DW installed on the same machine at the same time, they just won't run together. How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Make sure to add your voice to those asking for the function back by going to Help > Submit Feature Request/Bug Report in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, thanks for your answer, I’ll look into running the previous version until the y fix 2017. I clicked on your link to the forum but could not find anywhere to click “correct” under your answer. Another stellar Adobe interface score?? There’s an “Actions” link which says no Actions are available and a Facebook “like” tally nothing else clickable under your answer I can see.

Thanks

Geoff Johnson

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geoffreyj24525518  wrote

I clicked on your link to the forum but could not find anywhere to click “correct” under your answer....

Geoff Johnson

[Personal information removed by moderator]

No need.  I took care of it for you.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do submit a bug/feature request for this.    In my opinion, this omission was a big blunder.  They need to bring  back support for storing and re-using Reg Ex queries.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy I did. I can’t understand their reasoning for messing with that feature. I hope this is one instance where they respond to their users, and quickly!

Geoff Johnson

[Moderator removed personal information.  This is a public web forum. When using personal email to reply, please turn off automatic signatures]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're logged into the forum in a browser, and click the title of the post if you are in some other view (like your Inbox feed), each reply will have a green "Correct Answer" star under it. Clicking the star on a given reply will mark it as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the new update Dw CC 2017.1, we have added registry entries to enable Save and Load Query options. Please follow the steps as below-

1. Download and install Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.
  2. Close Dreamweaver is you're running it currently.
  3. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
    1. On Windows:
      1. Open regedit
      2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017\Advanced Find And Replace
      3. Add a string value “ShowHiddenOptions=TRUE”
      4. Close regedit
    2. On Mac:
      1. Use finder to navigate to ~/Library/Preferences
      2. Open Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017 Prefs using a text editor
      3. Find “[Advanced Find and Replace]” section and add "showhiddenoptions=TRUE"
      4. Save and close the file

4. Relaunch Dreamweaver

Note- If you still can't find the folder in the registry, try clearing preferences.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the he!! is going on with find and replace? it has been crashing dreamweaver all day. Then I see an update, but the update changed find replace to include "files..." WHICH doesn't do squat! ti literally does nothing. I right click to find replace and it crashes.

I hate Adobe. Why break something that was fine? Limit characters, to crashing constantly to almost working, but stil crashing when it does anything.

Did i mention how much I hate....nevermind. Just fix it! I reported to "bugs" and now I guess i use 2015 qnd jump back and forth in between crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color me obvious, but did you restart your computer after the update?

If yes, did you try Restore Preferences?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We regret for the inconvenience caused, but we would like to fix the issue that you are facing. Can you please share the crash logs/dumps with us? Also, it would be really helpful if you could share a video clip demonstrating the steps you are trying and other details like platform, build number, etc.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip 'Niharika Gupta' about showing the option again... but it would be nice if it was active by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce that we have addressed the older functionality of Save and Load query in Find and Replace dialog in latest Prerelease drop.

Please go to the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11137.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/365/dw-latest-build-11137-is-available

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Dreamweaver 19.0 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines