• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Creative Cloud Assets into Draw?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this would be rather simple but maybe I'm looking or not looking in the correct place.

I have CC Library "Graphics" assets that I want to open in Illustrator Draw (ipad) and cannot access them.

From Draw, I can click on settings and see an option to "Import Ideas Files" but no way to import creative cloud graphics assets. Am I correct in understanding that Ideas was the previous name for Draw?

Am I thinking about this the wrong way or using the wrong mobile app? I'd like to import assets into a Creative Cloud mobile app and make vector drawings on top of those image / assets.

I've tried Photoshop Mix and Adobe Sketch and Adobe Comp and none seem to have a way to import a photo from CC library to be able to draw on it.

I must be missing something?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Hi David,

I just responded to your email. Here's what I wrote:

It's not possible to import "graphics" into Draw as "editable" files. Which I think may be the reason you're having trouble bringing them in.... Are you trying to bring them into a Draw Layer? If so, try, instead creating an Image Layer and bringing your Creative Cloud Files assets into that Image Layer. It will not be an editable file but it can at least be part of your composition.

But, based on the additional information you've writ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I just responded to your email. Here's what I wrote:

It's not possible to import "graphics" into Draw as "editable" files. Which I think may be the reason you're having trouble bringing them in.... Are you trying to bring them into a Draw Layer? If so, try, instead creating an Image Layer and bringing your Creative Cloud Files assets into that Image Layer. It will not be an editable file but it can at least be part of your composition.

But, based on the additional information you've written here, you are definitely trying to bring them in from the wrong place as well. Try this:

1. Open a new Draw artboard

2. Tap the + just above the Background Layer to open a pop-up menu with the choices Draw Layer and Image Layer.

3. Tap Image Layer

4. Then choose from where you'd like to import the image (On my iPad, Take a Photo, My CC Files, From Market, From [Adobe] Stock, Paste Image). In your case choose, My CC Files. That will bring the file in as an image.

I hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right! Thanks so much Sue. Now it seems obvious / intuitive but certainly didn't before. I didn't realize there were different layer types - I was approaching from a CC desktop mentality where I'm thinking that a layer is a layer.

That accomplishes what I was seeking to do.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

-david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David.

Great. Thanks for posting that it's what you needed to know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines