• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Effect: Stylize: Glow

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i installed fl glow software and i think it replaced my Stylize Glow cause it said missing and when i restarted AE it was completely gone. Is there any way to get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3rd party installers should not overwrite existing effects. How did you install? What else has changed? I you create a new comp, add a shape layer, select it and go to Menu>Stylize>and type in G is glow not there? If you use the Effects and Presets panel and type in Glow is Glow missing from the list?

OS, AE version and workflow details down to the last decimal point may also help us diagnose the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an exe i think have the glow.ae in my plugins folder but it does not show when typing glow in effects and presets or stylize on solids and shape layers i have adobe cc 2017 latest and windows 10 latest. Dont really know what you mean with workflow details but i have the essentials layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow details are just what you are doing, step by step. Create a new comp, add some footage, add a shape layer, try and apply Glow to the footage.

If rebooting or deleting your preferences (Hold down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd on launch) does not fix the problem, and you used the manufacturers installer instead of just dragging the file to your plug-ins folder then you need to contact the folks that made FL Glow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm it doesnt really matter what i do the effect is just gone hahah. So i cant just download the glow effect somehow and re paste it in the plugins folder? or if i reinstall will it install than. But can i unistall but still keep my other pluggins so i dont have to reinstall them?Not even sure if it was  FL glows fault or som bug/me that destroyed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to run the installer again and not loose your 3rd party plug-ins if you have a previous version of AE also installed and used the proper installers for the 3rd party effects. If you run the uninstaller and re-install and you've done some custom installing or don't have previous versions of AE on your system you risk loosing some of the 3rd party effects you may have installed. You'll just have to go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Was Having The Same Issue. I Just Uninstalled After Effects And Then Re-install It Again, It'll Not Remove Your Single Plug-in And Will Fix Your Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines