• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 PC and Mac (Text tool not working).

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm very new to Photoshop and I've been having trouble with the text tool. What I type won't show up on the layer. The layer is on top of all the other layers, the font color is black, and the font size is 12px. I'm the only one whos having trouble with the text tool in my class. At school I work on a Mac and at home I work on a PC and its doing this on both. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

So that's it. Your file is 760 inches x 600 inches (63 feet x 60 feet!) and 12 point type (roughly the size of the text on this page) is just way too small to see.

What dimensions are you supposed to be using? It's for a school assignment? What does the assignment say?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps ( screenshots below ) :

1- Reset The Type

Reset Type Tool.png

2- Reset the character Panel  : Window -> character

Reset Character Panel.png

3- if that did not help, Reset Photoshop preferences :   Edit -> preferences -> General

Quit Photoshop then Restart Again

Reset Pereferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Mohammad.Harb's steps don't work, share a screen shot. Include trying to type, the Layers panel and the Options Bar at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that Mohammad.Harb advice didn't work. But here is the screenshots BarbBinder​

2017-02-20 (1).png2017-02-20 (2).png2017-02-20 (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the first screen shot, your type size is 12 pts, but the file size is 6.60 G and you are zoomed out to 3% magnification. It is a very high resolution file!

Will you post a screen shot of Image > Image Size? It looks like we need to work on the file dimensions and resolution.

In the meantime, you can't see the text because it is too small. Try 100 pts, 200 pts. 300 pts., etc, until you can see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-02-20 (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's it. Your file is 760 inches x 600 inches (63 feet x 60 feet!) and 12 point type (roughly the size of the text on this page) is just way too small to see.

What dimensions are you supposed to be using? It's for a school assignment? What does the assignment say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's suppose to be 760 pixels x 600 pixels. I never realized I was doing it in inches until now. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines