Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Issues Chrome OS

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Chromebook recently updated and I know with that comes updates to Flash Player, however now some websites I used to visit such as aim.com no longer work (which depend on Flash). I assume this has to be because of the new update. Is there a way for me to downgrade versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We do not recommend downgrading to lower version of Flash Player. Could you please let us know what is the issue you are facing.

Also please help us with the following information:

1. Browser you are using.

2. Version of Flash Player installed in your machine.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Chrome on an ASUS Chromebook

2. Adobe Flash Player - Version: 24.0.0.194

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:13 AM, ridhijain <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and updates are released by Google. As you have mentioned that the version of Flash Player installed is 24.0.0.194, but the latest version available is 24.0.0.221, so I would recommend you update your chrome application.

If you still observe issues with the latest version, please provide detailed description of the issue so that we can reproduce the same at our end.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Chromebook updates automatically when a new update is released, so I

have no way to update it manually, and there are no updates available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sabrina617​,

Adobe hands-off the files to Google and Google then releases them.  We have no control over when Google updates Flash Player in ChromeOS.  If you've updated to the latest version adn 24.0.0.221 is still not available it means Google has not yet released it to ChromeOS.  You would need to copntact Google to update ChromeOS with the latest version of Flash Player, not Adobe.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines