• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macromedia Studio 8 activation

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a brand new MacroMedia Studio 8 package a fortnight ago. But I have had problems activating it. It did not seem to activate properly when I initially tried, saying something like it would activate when I was next online (although I was online at the time). I have been using the Dreamweaver software for the past fortnight, but now does not work, and throws up a "Macromedia Product Activation" message box. I have just been told by Adobe support that Studio 8 is an "older version product", and suggested that I post here so that Adobe's experts can help. What can I do to activate the Studio 8 package or to get it working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Macromedia activation servers are long, long gone.

Which version of DW came with Studio 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's CS2 / Dreamweaver 8

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

But as we both know, this will never work on a modern Mac.  And it may or may not work on Win10.  It's too old.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any way to activate that version any more. Adobe took down the old CS2 downloads and serial numbers they used to have available.

The only Macromedia version of the program that I know you can still activate is MX using the serial from the Legacy Activation Page and faking a phone activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still see it.   You have to download your language & platform version.  Use the serial numbers supplied on the download page.  It won't work with the old serial number.

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly interesting...

I have the same link, without the ?promoid=19SCDRQK at the end of it and it redirects to the CC Download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The secret handshake I guess .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

I don't think there's any way to activate that version any more.

It's a bit extreme if you ask me. I know CC2017 is pretty bad but this seems very drastic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. The Studio 8 package includes Dreamweaver 8, and I cannot see it listed at that link. There is no reference in any of the packaging to CS2. I am using Windows 7, but which of those downloads might I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.

Mark, as Nancy and Jon have indicated the activation servers for Creative Suite 2 are no longer available.  It was possible to receive a copy of Dreamweaver 8 if you bought Creative Suite 2.3.  This version was quickly replaced with the Creative Suite 3 version as it was fairly late in the Creative Suite 2 cycle when 2.3 was offered.

If you need a non-activating copy of Dreamweaver then I would recommend utilizing Dreamweaver MX 2004 offered in Nancy's post in message #3 and #5.  We do not have a non-activating version of Dreamweaver 8 to offer which is why Dreamweaver MX 2004, included with Creative Suite 2, is offered instead.

As Jon and Nancy have also indicated to ensure compatibility you will want to install on a computer, and operating system, from the time period of the Creative Suite 2 release.  You can attempt an install, and running the software, on newer Windows operating systems but may face unexpected results.

If you are using Mac OS then you will need a computer with a PowerPC processor, or running a Mac OS old enough to include Rosetta support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. So do I first need to uninstall my Dreamweaver 8, or uninstall entire Studio 8 package? And then take the steps outlined here: "Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant... And then take the steps outlined here: Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the confusion Mark.  The non-activating version of Creative Suite 2 included Go Live CS2 and not Dreamweaver .  Macromedia was acquired and Creative Suite 2.3 was released for a short time with Dreamweaver 8.  As previously discussed this was quickly replaced by Creative Suite 3 which is not affected by the activation server shut down discussed in Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products

Yes Mark if you need a older copy of Dreamweaver then Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products  will allow you to activate the software. In specific there are details on how to activate Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any available downloads for the legacy Macromedia software titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new?  Where did you find this relic?   Macromedia has not existed since 2005 when Adobe acquired it.

The activation servers were taken offline years ago.

Which operating system do you have?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just activated my copy of macromedia studio 8.  with windows 10 compatibility settings.  didn't try it without because its old.  The date is   9/20/2018   it too received the message that the product would activate next time I got online.  But I didn't need that.  It instantly activated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines