• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I use functionalities like css sprite with Adobe Indesign.

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50 images per page

50 images constitute to 50 http request.

I want to limit the number of requests.

How can I achieve that.

I know css sprites is one way through css. How can I achieve the same in Adobe Indesign

[Moved from the non-support, general, all-of-Adobe forums Lounge to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

InDesign is a great tool for many things…a website is not even close to being among them.

To put it bluntly, it’s the wrong tool for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of Adobe applications that can help you create contact sheets to put several pictures per page (PhotoShop, Bridge...)

There is a nifty trick in InDesign that allows you to add several pictures in one swoop. Place several pictures in your InDesign document, before you release your mouse while drawing the picture frame, you can press the up and right arrows on your keyboard to split that frame in several smaller ones organized in rows and columns.

Is that what you are looking for?

Please can you explain the context of what you are trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the OP is referring to Publish Online and if that’s the case this cannot be controlled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am looking for is that I have a website which has approx 50 images per page.

To render 50 images per page I have to make 50 http request per page.

I can combine 50 images to a single image and show part of each through css.

This procedure in form of css is called css sprite.

Can we achieve the same in Indesign for creating a website.

i.e. Combining images per page to single image and then the web app exported shall have 1 image per page and display the image as per the css adjustments.

Here is a sample for css sprite CSS Image Sprites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is a great tool for many things…a website is not even close to being among them.

To put it bluntly, it’s the wrong tool for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To create the sprite image in InDesign, I would use the technique I described earlier.

Drag-drop your 50 images from your system into your page and before releasing the mouse, use up and right arrow to create the 50 frames you need.

Use the Ctrl+Arrows to reduce the gap between images or the gap tool later. then release the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'ree missing the point here, Eric. The OP doesn't want 50 instances, he wants one. I understand the request and I stand by my answer. This is not even close to being a job for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but I like InDesign ability to place quickly a lot of pictures on a page and export that on a single file/image for review or... create a sprite image.

microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-walkthrough-part-2-13-638.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like that ability, too, but to think it's going to transfer over to HTML is just unreasonable at this time. There's just too many bugs and half baked features that need completion for this to be a priority. It's not something that the vast majority of users are going to benefit from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines